Hey guys! I am super slammed this week so thought I would keep it a little lighthearted and fun with a survey blog post. (Who remembers back in the day getting these via email and forwarding them to all your friends? Ah, memories!) So here is a little way to get to know more about me. Copy and do your own on your blog or social media for fun!
1. Do you have any nicknames? Not really anymore. Growing up I was bird legs, and little Bridges (my last name).
2. Are you named after anyone? My parents just really liked the name Heather, and I share a middle name (Lynn) with my cousin.
3. Do you have any siblings? Yes I have one older sister, and she lives in Texas.
4. Where did you grow up? I was born in Metairie (right outside of NOLA) and when I was about 2 we moved to Georgia where we lived till I was 8. Then we moved back to Louisiana where I finished my “growing up.”
5. What activities did you do in high school? What didn’t I do? haha. I played volleyball, basketball, and ran track. I was president of the National Honor Society, and I led a before school Bible study. I’m sure I’m forgetting things but those were my main activities.
6. Where did you go to college? Mississippi College (NOT to be confused with Mississippi State or Ole Miss)
7. What activities did you do in college? I played intramural flag football, basketball, and volleyball. I was also in a “tribe” which was our version of a sorority. (Baptist college, yall).
8. What did you study in college? My degree is in psychology with a minor in business administration.
9. What was your first job out of college? I was a secretary for an engineering company while I coached volleyball and took graduate classes at night to become a teacher.
10. What kind of music do you like? Country and Christian (Carrie Underwood is my spirit animal).
11. What’s one hobby that you’d like to take up? That’s a tough one. The thought of taking up another hobby is exhausting. Can napping be a hobby?
12. What did you think you wanted to be when you grew up? Everything from a teach to a ballet dancer. (HAHAHA).
13. What’s the biggest project on your to-do list right now? I cannot share but it’s big. Pray for me.
14. Do you have any irrational fears? Oh yes. Sharks, snakes, heights, water I can’t see the bottom of, and clowns.
15. Have you ever traveled outside the country? If so, where? Just on cruises. I have been to Mexico a bunch and the caribbean and Bermuda.
16. When’s your next vacation and where are you going? I don’t have one planned but guessing Disney. Heh.
17. Do you speak any other languages? So after taking 2 years of Spanish in high school, I’m proud to say I can say two words in said language.
18. What’s one talent that you wish you had? Singing. For sure. (Carrie Underwood, remember?) I can “blend” ok but do not have a soloist voice.
19. What’s something that you wish you could do one more time? Play high school sports. I miss it so much.
20. If you weren’t in your current job, what would you want to be doing? Oh Lawd with the tough questions. Traveling more. Spending more time with my family. Relaxing more. What job allows me to do that? 🙂