Disclosure: I was provided with the below experiences to write about being active at Walt Disney world however, all opinions are my own.
When you think of Walt Disney World, images of Mickey Mouse, thrilling rides, and enchanting princesses likely come to mind. However, amidst the magic and wonder, there’s a growing emphasis on health and wellness that might surprise you. From rejuvenating spa services to invigorating fitness classes and races, Walt Disney World offers a myriad of options to keep both your heart and spirits soaring so you can stay active at Walt Disney World.
Just because you are going on vacation doesn’t mean you have to completely abandon your health eating or fitness routine. Let’s explore some of the unique and delightful ways you can stay fit and fabulous during your vacation at the happiest place on earth.
- Luxurious Wellness at the Grand Floridian Spa: At the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa you will find a haven of tranquility. While the kids are off meeting their favorite characters, indulge in a range of spa services designed to rejuvenate your body and mind. From massages and pedicures to facials and body wraps, the Grand Floridian Spa is the perfect escape for those seeking relaxation and self-care. Be sure to plan some extra time to relax on a heated tile lounger before or after your services!
- runDisney – Where Fitness Meets Magic: Lace up your running shoes and join the magic of runDisney! The Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend was the perfect opportunity to combine fitness with the enchantment of the parks. You can run through iconic Disney scenery, collect character photos, and earn your medals. It’s a unique way to experience the parks while staying active, and there are several race weekends sprinkled throughout the calendar year to fit your vacation time needs. There are also races from the family friendly 5k all the way up to the full marathon, so there truly is something for everyone.
- Moana-Inspired Fitness at the Polynesian: Channel your inner adventurer with a Moana-inspired fitness class weekly at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort on the Great Ceremonial Lawn. This family friendly energetic workout combines stretching, singing, and dancing along to some of the inspirational music from Moana. offering a fun and culturally rich way to stay in shape.
- Yoga with a View: Embrace the serenity of yoga against the picturesque backdrop of a Disney castle when you join sunrise yoga as a part of select runDisney race weekends. Whether you’re a seasoned yogi or a beginner, these classes are fun for everyone. It’s an ideal way to start your day with a clear mind and a rejuvenated body. Rumor has it that sometimes there are yoga classes offered at other resorts or at pop up shops at Disney Springs, so keep an eye out for other opportunities.
- Pickleball Fun at the BoardWalk: Join the pickleball craze at the Boardwalk! This paddle sport, a hybrid of tennis and badminton, is not only entertaining but also a fantastic full-body workout. Gather your family and friends for a friendly game by the water. You can also play at other select resorts on Disney property. Keep in mind you must be staying at an on property resort to participate.
- Healthy Meal Options Across the Parks: Disney is not just about churros and Mickey-shaped ice creams. The parks and hotels now boast a variety of nutritious and delicious meal options. From fresh salads to protein-packed snacks, you can easily maintain a balanced diet while enjoying the culinary delights of Disney. There are also many gluten free and allergy friendly options, so be sure to ask your server about those menu offerings.
- Echelon and Mission Fitness Partnership with RunDisney: runDisney has teamed up with Echelon and Mission Fitness to further back the purpose of the brand. Echelon has signed on as a multi-year runDisney race sponsor, and is excited to help runDisney runners beginning with the 2024 races. Echelon CEO Lou Lentine says: “Echelon is committed to helping our members reach and cross their finish line –so what better way to do this than working with runDisney.” It’s a perfect way to stay connected and motivated even after your vacation ends.
Mission has also signed on as a sponsor, with their wearable line of cooling products ready and able to cool down runners during those hot Florida race weekends. Mission co-founder Chris Valletta says: “This collaboration with runDisney is another example of our commitment to bringing our scientifically proven cooling solutions to every race participant so they can experience the same benefits as millions have before them, helping to contribute to the most magical run experience ever.’’
8. Resort Gyms and Running Trails: If you choose to stay at an on property resort during your visit to WDW, there are a plethora of options for keeping fit without even stepping into the parks. There are at least 17 jogging trails on property, and 12 fitness centers! (You must be a guest of a resort with a fitness center to workout at that location.) Many of the jogging trails connect to other resorts, so it is a great way to see another property and see some new scenery (or where you would like to stay on your next visit!) Some trails even connect to the theme park entrances if you want to arrive for the day on foot!
Walt Disney World has evolved into a destination that caters not only to the imagination but also to the well-being of its visitors. Whether you’re seeking relaxation, exhilarating workouts, or healthy dining options, the magic of Disney extends beyond the attractions and characters, embracing a holistic approach to your vacation. So, why not make your next visit a truly enchanting and health-conscious adventure? After all, staying active at Walt Disney World is just another way to make unforgettable memories.
Related: Disneyland Halloween Race Announced