Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I hope you all have the opportunity to spend some time with the people that you love. I am hosting again this year and my parents and sister are coming into town. I won’t be posting tomorrow or Friday, because I want to spend time with my family (and so should you! Go talk to someone’s face tomorrow.)
In the spirit of the holiday, I thought it would be appropriate to get all sappy and tell you all what I am thankful for this year. I have a LOT to be thankful for, but just narrowed it down to 5 big ones for the purpose of this post.
1. My family: My family is awesome, and have been there through thick and then. They have taught me so much, helped me when I needed it, stood up for me, given me advice, and so many countless other things. I am so glad I get to see several family members tomorrow, and I hope to teach Emma Kate the importance of family.
2. My health: I truly do not take this one for granted. I am so thankful that I can get out of bed every morning, pick up my daughter, go for a run, lift weights, work, and take care of the people I love. This is such a huge blessing that many would love to have but don’t, so I try very hard to appreciate it.
3. Laughter: Laughter truly is the best medicine! I got to laugh with my family this past weekend and it was so good for my soul. I love hearing Emma Kate laugh, and always want my house to be filled with laughter.
4. My friends: My friends are spread out all over the country (and even the world!) but they are all special to me, even the ones I don’t get to see near often enough. From having a big group of online friends I get to virtually hang out with, to having a small group girls Bible study to talk about the heavy stuff, it’s all important and I am blessed.
5. My relationship with God: This one trumps all. As we move into the Christmas season and see that a small baby changed everything, it is so vital to remember God in the big and small daily things. Everything good I have comes from Him, and I am SO thankful He has blessed me with this life I live.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
QOTD: What are you thankful for?