It’s no secret that I love traveling to Disney destinations. There is a lot of planning work involved, and also a lot of packing involved. The climate in Florida can make packing a challenge, and depending on what you plan to do on your visit to central Florida, your list may look a little different than mine. I did however want to put together a basic list of things to think about packing. I do NOT go into super great detail as far as kid and baby items because that can differ so greatly depending on the age of your kids, but hopefully this list will help get you started and think of a few things you had not thought of before when packing for a Walt Disney World trip.
I have broken my list down into two parts, one for items you may need in the parks, and another for items for the resort/your hotel stay. Happy packing!
For the Parks:
- Backpack —> The easiest way to carry everything or fanny pack
- Sunglasses <—–Super cute Star Wars ones!
- Sunscreen —> LOTS, and reapply!
- Ponchos —-> For pop up showers + rides you may get wet on.
- Water bottle —–> There are fountains in the park to refill a bottle
- Walking shoes —-> COMFY shoes!
- Comfy clothes
- Jacket —-> Even if it’s hot outside, the A/C will be blasting inside!
- Snacks —> You may bring food into the parks, but no glass.
- Hand sanitizer —-> bathe in it.
- Phone charger/adapter
- Phone with Disney app already downloaded
- Reusable straws if you don’t want the paper ones they have now!
Extra points for Mickey luggage!
For the Resort:
- Toiletries —-> No hairdryer needed
- Nicer clothes/shoes —-> For nicer dinners out
- Swimsuit —–> No towel needed for Disney resorts!
- Running clothes/shoes —-> for dorks like me
- Ziplock bags —> for snacks, random loose items, etc.
- Extra bag —-> to use as carry on you can fill with souvenirs
- Book/magazine —-> for at the pool/on the plane
- Garbage bag for dirty clothes —> Easiest way to transport home.
- Toys for kids/keep busy/iPad
- Lysol —–> We spray down the room, doorknobs, TV remote, etc.
- Downy wrinkle release spray for wrinkled clothes
- Water shoes for pools/waterpark
Related: 10 tip for saving money on a Walt Disney World vacation
QOTD: What would you add to this list? Get to packing for a Walt Disney World Trip!
Power strips and Lysol wipes, we use them with the spray. And something Air Born for immune support
Mindy @ Road Runner Girl says
Oh I needed this post today! I’m packing for Disney right now!
Shannon @GirlsGotSole says
You seem to have it pretty covered! I’m sure you’ll have more than usual now with the little one! 🙂
When are you guys coming down here?
We were just there in feb for princess and I was there in May for Everest, no plans till marathon weekend 🙁