There have been lots of rumors, but now it’s official: the runDisney Tinkerbell 10k is actually happening!
It will be a fairy themed 10k held on Saturday, the day before the tink half marathon.
As if the runDisney series and women-focused events weren’t popular enough, now there is more fun to be had! Tinker Bell 10K finishers will receive a new, specially-designed, fairy-themed medal. I can’t wait to see what it looks like.
Quotes from the wonderful Faron Kelley: “We’re excited to add the popular 10K distance to Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend,Tinker Bell 10K expands an already exciting series of events, and adds more opportunities for our passionate runners on the west coast, especially those new runners who are stepping up to the 10K distance.”
Exciting! Registration for 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend opens July 9 at 12 pm EST/9 am PST Will you be registering? Did you believe the rumors? What will the medal look like!?!? *Note there will not be a challenge for this event.
Check out this cute video:
and Faron talks about the new race in this video as well:
more info from the runDisney website:
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Start Time: 6:00 a.m.
Start/Finish: Disneyland® Resort
Discover your inner pixie and run in the newly created Tinker Bell 10K. This 6.2 mile course will take you on a magical journey throughout the Disneyland Resort.
The Tinker Bell 10K Highlights
- Timed 10K race
- Disney Characters and Entertainment on-course
- 10K course through Disneyland Resort area
- Race within walking distance when you stay at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel
- Event transportation included when you stay at a select Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotel
Tinker Bell 10K Race Participants Receive
- Champion® Long-Sleeved Tech Shirt in Women’s or Men’s Cut*
- 10K Finisher Medal*
- Official Race Program Guide*
- Personalized bib (Must register before November 1, 2013 for name to appear on bib)*
- On-course and post-race refreshments
- ChronoTrack B-tag timed race with live runner tracking signup for friends and family
QOTD: Who is excited about the new 10k?!?