Here are some more great tips from Jeff Galloway about injury. I find these so interesting since I struggle with injury a lot. Hopefully they will help you to run injury free!
Why do we get injured?
1. Be aware of irritation of weak links.
The Key Weak Links are body parts where my runners tend to experience injuries are these: Knees – Feet -Calf – Achilles -Hip – Glute/piriformis/sciaticia
But the body parts that YOU need to be aware of are the sites where you are injured or suffer more aches and pains.
So if you’re sensitive to the first indication of irritation in these areas and take immediate action it’s possible to avoid injury.
2. Stress buildup due to the way we train.
- Training schedule is too intense-not enough rest between stress.
- Adverse Training Components-speed is too fast or has too much, too soon.
- Running form-too long a stride, forward lean, bouncing too high off the ground.
So staying focused on the way one runs and following these guidelines, can often allow runners to maintain a manageable increase without injury
Top 5 ways to avoid stress buildup-and avoid injuries
1. Take walk breaks more frequently, and run shorter run segments
2. Form: shorter stride, feet low to the ground
3. Slower long runs, with more walk breaks
4. Avoid Stretching
5. Be careful when running speed sessions
Register now for the Jeff Galloway 13.1 with no risk! The 2nd annual half marathon on Dec. 13, 2015 is currently $95. You can sign up with no risk! Take advantage of this low price, and if you can’t make it, you can roll into the virtual option with no extra charge!
Register today at
Disclosure: As a Jeff Galloway blogger I am provided with tips to share with my readers.
Jeff Galloway Tips: Why We Get Injured
Here are some more great tips from Jeff Galloway about injury. I find these so interesting since I struggle